To install the Softphone, your system must meet the following requirements:
- Space required: 300 MB for installation and an additional 250 MB (maximum) for log files.
- RAM: 1 GB
- Screen resolution: 1024 x a768
You also need an internet connection with a capacity of at least 100kbit / call.
Download and installation
- Download the Softphone installer: HERE
- Close the Softphone application if you're already running an older version, by selecting Exit from the File-menu.
- Quit all programs that are part of Microsoft Office.
- Run the downloaded file and follow the instructions, then log in with your user credentials.
- If you do not have your user credentials, administrators can retrieve them in MySoluno.
- When you are logged in, click on the View tab in the menu and select the Attendant view.
- In the Softphone, go to Tools -> Options, in the popup box, select Audio.
- Input Device - The audio device to which the microphone is connected.
- Output Device - The audio device to which the speaker or headphones are connected.
- Ringer Device - This audio device will be used to play the ringtone when someone calls you.
- Select your headset in the drop-down lists for Input Device, Output Device and Ringer Device, do this on both the speaker and headset tabs.
TIP! If you have a speaker connected to your computer, you can select that device under "Ringtone" and you will hear it ring in the speaker instead of the headset.
Microphone Access on macOS Mojave
With macOS Mojave, the user is prompted to configure microphone access once. If the user does not grant access, the user will have to modify the microphone access from the Security & Privacy preferences.
- Update the software in your headset by downloading the software from your headset manufacturer, links to them can be found below:
- Click on this link to learn how to use the softphone: Quickguide Soluno Softphone
- If you have problems with the softphone, please read our troubleshooting guide: Troubleshooting the Softphone